It’s where you gather with family and friends, celebrate life’s milestones, and head to after a long of work or whatever else causes you to be out and about. It’s your home and likely your single biggest investment. Like any other investment, your home needs to be well monitored and maintained to give you everything you expect in return – tangibles and intangibles alike.
Take your home plumbing, for example. However minor the following conditions might seem at first glance, eventually conditions will only get worse unless proper action is taken to correct them.
- Loose or broken roof shingles. Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against the elements. Replacing a few shingles costs pennies compared to replacing a roof and cleaning up extensive water damage.
- Clogged gutters. Remove leaves and debris from gutters seasonally to prevent water from penetrating siding and walls. Also make sure gutters are firmly attached and downspouts are pointing away from your home.
- Foundation cracks. It’s common for a house to settle, but settling can sometimes cause cracks in the foundation. These cracks can invite water to enter from outside, and compromise the structure and stability of your home.
- Leaks of any kind. Whether it’s a leaky faucet or a toilet that won’t stop running, plumbing leaks not only waste water and cost you money, they can create structural damage and create a breeding ground for mould and mildew.
- Grout and caulk. Missing caulk and grout in a shower or bathtub surround can cause water to seep in behind walls or tiles and lead to serious water damage, not to mention promote mould growth.
If your days and weekends are already chock full, but plumbing issues are looming just the same, contact Kalamunda Plumbing Group now or anytime at all for prompt attention and high quality workmanship backed, as always, by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.