If you suffer from dry skin and hair, there are any number of factors that could be the cause. Sometimes multiple causes are at work, thus complicating the diagnosis and the potential remedy.
Well, we’re not doctors and that sort of diagnosis is not something we offer. But we are long experienced plumbers and water filtration specialists able to offer you a number of tried and true methods for enjoying softer skin and hair, starting today:
- Long, steamy baths and showers strip away our natural oils, so keep them short, sweet, and not too hot.
- Choose moisturizing skin and hair care products that don’t contain alcohol, fragrances, or other ingredients that can dry out your hair.
- Lotion up right after bathing while your skin is still damp.
- Avoid washing your hair every day. But if you must, use a hydrating shampoo and conditioning treatment.
- Give your nails a break from nail polish and keep cuticles healthy with a cuticle cream.
- Give cracked heels the boot by applying a generous amount of moisturizer before bed. Seal the moisture in with a pair of cozy cotton socks.
- Apply sunscreen, even in the fall and winter. And don’t forget to apply a moisturizing lip balm to keep chapped lips at bay.
How can we help? Mainly by installing a water softener in your home to remove hard water minerals that not only contribute to dry skin and hair, but cause a host of other problems, including damage to your water pipes from internal corrosion. Hard water also can damage your dishwasher, water heater and, when you add it all up, the damage can be extensive and costly to repair.
Other than dry skin and hair problems, how would you know or suspect you had hard water conditions? Here are a few other symptoms:
- Ugly stains in sinks and tubs
- Higher water bills because water appliances work harder
- White, chalky residue or spots on dishes and in your dishwasher
- Clothes and linens that feel rough and look dull
- Scale buildup on faucets and ugly stains on white porcelain
If you’re concerned about the quality of your watery, contact Kalamunda Plumbing Group today. We’ll take a sample have it tested, and then recommend the best means for solving all the problems hard water can cause. Plus, you can count on us for ongoing maintenance and high quality repair work even for your existing water softener.