Have you fallen out of love with your house – assuming, of course you ever WERE in love with it? Either way, we encourage you to not give up hope. Not if you have some time on your hands and are willing to explore various options to help make it love worthy.
Here are some suggestions that could work very nicely for you while impressing friends, family, and other guests:
- Paint – If all you see is “blah” as you look around, maybe it’s time to liven things up with a fresh paint job. But don’t just think walls, trim, and ceilings. How about painting a dresser or an older piece of furniture that currently appears rather dull? Spreading color around in your favourite hues will instantly make space feel fresh and lively.
- Repurpose – Who says you need to put flowers in a vase or washcloths in a drawer? Give your décor a fun twist by repurposing everyday items. Place small bouquets of flowers in mason jars, use a small-footed cake stand to display your soaps, lotions, and bath salts, and roll hand towels and washcloths into a decorative box.
- Display Your Collectibles – Do you have a quirky hobby that might lend itself to some sort of artistic display? Perhaps those photos you took during your most recent seashore holiday? Or perhaps you have a collection of pottery you keep stashed away. If so, now’s a great time to install an open-face cabinet in your kitchen or dining room to put them on display. Then, as you add more pieces, you can rotate them in and out so you don’t grow tired of the view.
- Add Creature Comforts – Some peoples’ love of home stems from the creature comforts it affords. And yet if you’ve sacrificed comfort here and there for the sake of appearance, maybe it’s time to get rid of that high back sofa and replace it with a sectional that includes a chaise. Then you can kick back and put your feet up without having to go to bed!
- Mix It Up – Don’t feel obligated to stick with one design style throughout your living spaces. Mix modern chairs with a traditional or rustic table, give your formal living room a more welcoming feel with a fun, patterned area rug and colorful throw pillows, or even mix and match two different collections – like your fine china and rustic serve ware.
- From Plain to Perfect – Take store-bought furniture and accessories from run-of-the-mill to extraordinary. Swap out the knobs and door pulls on a dresser to something that better reflects your style, paint the legs of your table for a pop of color, or simply add a skirt to your bathroom pedestal sink.
And then there’s your bathroom, a place that’s very easy to get tired of. At Kalamunda Plumbing, we have a wealth of ideas to help you transform the look of any bathroom while enhancing your personal comfort and safety. Contact us today to learn more, or to schedule a free in-home bathroom upgrade consultation.