The bathroom is often the smallest yet most abused room in a home. In fact, the bigger your family and the fewer number of bathrooms, the more beat up your bathroom becomes, thus requiring more frequent and thorough cleanings.
Still, you don’t need a whole weekend or a small army of assistants to get this essential space sparkling clean. In fact, here are 10 easy steps to get your bathroom neat, tidy, and guest-worthy, and all in less than 30 minutes.
- Gather your supplies. Keep a caddy or small bucket filled with all your cleaning essentials in a linen closet or in an under-the-sink cabinet.
- Clear off surfaces. Put toothbrushes, make-up, and other essentials back in their place and toss dirty towels and bathmats into the laundry basket.
- Spray down surfaces. Spray down the counter, backsplash, and outer surface of the toilet. Then squirt toiler cleaner into the bowl and under the rim. Let everything sit for a while.
- Soak the shower and tub – Fill your bathtub with a few inches of hot water and spray the shower with cleaner. Use a small brush to quickly pass around the inside of the tub to loosen any soap scum. Let it all soak for a while.
- Tackle the toilet – Scrub the inside of the toilet bowl and use a rag to wipe down the outer surface. Dry it with a cloth, and then rinse the toilet brush before spraying it with cleaner and putting it away.
- Clean the tub and shower – Drain the tub and wipe all surfaces. Use a scrub brush to get any remaining dirt or grime. Rinse with a handheld shower attachment or clean wet rag.
- Tackle the floor – Vacuum the floor to pick up any dirt, dust, or hair. Fill the sink with a little warm water and add your cleaner. Wet your mop or floor rag, wring it out and run it over the floor. Wipe it dry with a clean cloth, and drain the water from the sink
- Wipe it all down – Wet a clean cloth in warm water, wring it out and wipe down previously sprayed countertops and backsplash. Spray the interior of the sink with cleaner and wipe clean.
- Clean the mirror – Spray glass cleaner onto the mirror and wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth. Then use that same cloth to shine up faucets, towel racks, and the toilet handle.
- Finish it off – Replace clean towels and your bathmat, put away your cleaning supplies, and place dirty clothes in the laundry basket. Then, stand back and admire your hard work.
And yet, no matter how clean your bathroom might become, it’s still not going to fully serve its purpose if your hot water service is in short supply. That’s where we come in: KP Hot Water. Contact us today for annual water maintenance or to diagnose what you see is a repair issue. Whatever might be wrong with it, we’ll figure it out and recommend exactly the right solution. And always with a guaranteed upfront price quote.