Bottled water may be a nice convenience, but it’s not a solution to anything. In fact, quite the contrary – it’s an ecological menace.
Consider the following:
- The average Australian drinks 30 litres of bottled water each year
- Total consumption was 726 million litres in 2015
- The production of bottled water creates more than 60,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions per year, equivalent to the emissions 13,000 cars
- The amount of oil needed to produce the bottles is 460,000 barrels
Okay, so perhaps right now you’re thinking: “Okay, that sounds bad, but I recycle my empty bottles!” Even if that’s true, you are in the minority.
But at least bottled water is cleaner than tap water, right? Sorry, but you get a buzzer if you said “yes”. That’s because about 40% of all bottled water is regular tap water. And yet bottled water costs up to 500 times more that municipally-provided tap water.
Are you at least convinced that bottled water tastes better than tap water? Not so fast, because in blind taste tests around the world, consumers consistently cannot tell the difference.
Boiling it all down, what’s a careful and thoughtful homeowner to do? Well, if you really want to drink and cook with the cleanest water possible, a home water filter is the way to go.
Here at Kalamunda Plumbing Group, we can outfit your home with an under-sink or whole-house water filter. Either way, your water filter will:
- Remove chlorine, chloramines, and carbon based organic compounds (VOC’s) such as pesticides, herbicides and industrial solvents for improved taste and odour
- Enhance the flavour of food
- Leave you with healthier looking and feeling skin
- Extend life of your plumbing fixtures, taps and pipes
- And, of course, save you money otherwise spent on bottled water
What’s the right water filtration solution for your home? Contact Kalamunda Plumbing group today to request a FREE in-home water quality consultation and proposal.