Whether you’re considering selling your home or simply tired of looking at the same old space, here are a few easy changes that can take your bathroom to the next level: without breaking your budget.
- Color – A fresh, crisp coat of paint can do wonders to change the mood of your “powder room.” But don’t just stop at the walls. Has that vanity seen better days? A good sanding, some primer, paint, and a little elbow grease can make it shine like new again.
- Update the fixtures – Classic or contemporary, traditional or sleek and modern, there’s the right set of bathroom fixtures to match your design style and color scheme. While you’re at it, consider installing a low-flow shower head and faucet to conserve some water and shed some of the extra weight on your electricity bill.
- Brighten up the grout – Nothing can make a bathroom floor or tile look old and dingy like dirty grout. If a good scrubbing doesn’t achieve the desired result, consider having your tile re-grouted. It’s a small price to pay compared to re-tiling.
- Rethink how and where you store things – There’s more to storage than your medicine cabinet or over-the-toilet shelf. How about this for added storage: secure one side of a small, old (but cleaned and painted) wooden ladder to the wall for a rustic-looking towel rack. If your bathroom cabinet has open shelving, forgo the standard wicker baskets and use small galvanized pails to store wash cloths, extra toiletries, toilet paper and other essentials.
- Get decorative – Finish off your upgrade project with some decorative accents like wall art, candles, or vintage jars for storing cotton balls and ear swabs. Or, make a bold statement with a one-of-a-kind DIY shower curtain.
Just keep in mind that if you are making these updates to prepare your home for sale, it’s best to focus on simple and clean. While you might love fire engine red walls surrounding your commode, your potential buyers probably won’t. Soft, soothing hues help potential buyers picture their belongings in your home.
For more ambitious bathroom upgrades and all the plumbing assistance you need to bring your vision to life, contact Kalamunda Plumbing. With a history of service dating back to 1954, we look forward to becoming your family plumber, too.